We whip up a delightful spread with a fruity and nutilicious twist with these high protein nuts recipes.
High Protein Nuts (Dry Fruit) Salad
100 g mixed dry fruits
5 g round black pepper
5 g salt
5 g sugar
15 ml red wine
15 ml olive oil
5 g Italian parsley
50 g lima beans, soaked
50 g black kidney beans, soaked
50 g green lentils, soaked
- In boiling water, add the lentils and beans. Cook until they become tender (approx. 20 minutes). Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the boiled lentils, beans and parsley in a bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry fruits, lentils, and beans to the above dressing. Chill in a refrigerator for an hour. Serve.
High Protein Nuts Chicken Meatballs in Cashewnut Gravy
For the chicken meatballs:
15 g coriander leaves, chopped
25 g onions, chopped
5 g chilli powder
300 g chicken mince
Oil for deep frying
Salt, to taste
For the sauce:
5 g mint leaves
150 g heavy cream
2 g dried fenugreek leaves
150 ml water
Salte, to taste
5 g chilli powder
250 g tomato puree
5 g garlic, chopped
5 g ginger paste
5 g whole garam masala
50 g cashew nut paste
5 g butter
- For the chicken meatballs: In a bowl, add chicken, chilli powder, onions, salt, and coriander. Mix well.
- Make small bowls and deep fry till golden.
- For the sauce: Melt butter in a pan. Add whole garam masala and let it splutter. Add ginger paste, chopped garlic, and cashew nut paste. Saute.
- Add the tomato puree, chilli powder, salt, and water. Cook and let it simmer on a low flame. Add the fenugreek leaves.
- Add the chicken balls and continue cooking for five minutes.
- Add fresh cream and garnish with mint leaves. Serve.
High Protein Nuts Gosht Korma With Mushrooms
100 g button mushrooms, sliced
10 ml lemon juice
15 g mint, chopped
15 g coriander leaves
1 cup coconut milk
Salt, to taste
5 g mace powder
5 g garam masala powder
500 ml water
5 g red chilli powder
5 g turmeric powder
10 g coriander powder
60 g yogurt, lightly whisked
20 g garlic cloves
10 g fresh ginger
5 g green chillies
2 g cinnamon stick
5 g green cardamom pods
2 bay leaves
10 g black peppercorns
200 g onion, finely sliced
60 ml vegetable oil
2 lamb shanks
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Fry the onions for 10-12 minutes. Cool and blend with a little water to a smooth paste.
- Separately, grind the chillies, ginger, and garlic to a smooth paste.
- In a bowl, add the yogurt, coriander, turmeric, and red chilli powders. Mix well.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan. Add the black peppercorns, bay leaves, cardamom pods, and cinnamon stick. Add the green chilli paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the lamb shanks and mushrooms. Cook on medium to high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the yogurt mix and stir to make sure it doesn’t split. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the onion paste. Stir. Add water and salt. Bring it to a boil and simmer. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes on low heat with the lid on.
- Add the lime juice, garam masala and mace powders. Pour in the coconut milk and simmer for a few minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and mint leaves. Serve.
High Protein Nuts Vegetable Dry Fruit Rice Pulav
White pepper, to taste
salt, to taste
25 ml oil
25 g butter
10 g onions, fried
15 g mint leaves
5 g jeera
20 g raisins
40 g cashew nuts
40 g green peas, boiled
40 g carrots, boiled and diced
180 g basmati rice, boiled
- In a deep pan, heat oil and saute the cashew nuts till golden. Set aside.
- Add jeera and let it splutter. Add the raisins, carrot, and peas. Saute for a minute.
- Add butter, rice, salt, and pepper. Gently stir and allow the rice to cook (approx. 10 minutes).
- Garnish with mint leaves, fried onions, and cashews. Serve hot.
High Protein Nuts (Dry Fruit) Rice Kheer
1 tbsp butter
50 g mixed dry fruits
2 g cardamom powder
2 g cinnamon powder
75 g condensed milk
250 g basmati rice, soaked and drained
- Heat butter in a pan. Add the dry fruits and stir fry until golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a vessel. Add the soaked and drained basmati rice. Allow it to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the condensed milk, cinnamon, and cardamom powders. Continue to stir over a low flame.
- Add the dry fruits and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve chilled.
High Protein Nuts Assorted Cookies
100 g brown sugar
35 g hazelnuts
35 g walnuts
35 g almonds
25 g cashews nuts
200 g dark compound chocolate, chopped
225 g flour
125 g butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Use non-stick baking paper to line two baking trays.
- Whisk/beat the butter and sugar until well combined using an electric beater. Add the egg and mix well.
- Sift the flour over the butter mixture and stir until well combined. Add the chocolate and nuts, stir to combine.
- Use your hands to roll 40 g portions of cookie mixture into balls and place them on the prepared trays. Use the back of the spoon to lightly flatten them.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove and set aside for five minutes. Transfer them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm.