This south Indian dish has become the all-time favourite of millions of Indian families across the globe. This vegetable rava idli recipe helps you cook idlis like never before. Enjoy piping hot idlis with sambhar and coconut chutney.
6 minutes 30 seconds
2 minced beans
½ minced carrot (¼ cup)
¼ tsp Eno salt
½ cup of water
1 cup curd
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
½ tsp mustard seeds
8-10 curry leaves
1 pinch asafoetida
3 tsp oil
1 cup roasted semolina
- Wash and cut vegetables. Mis oil, asafoetida, mustard seeds, green chillies, carrot, beans, curry leaves together in a microwave-safe bowl after covering it with a lid. Microwave on high power for 2 minutes.
- Add semolina, water, curd and salt. Mix.
- Add Eno salt and mix again.
- Grease 6-8 small microwave-safe bowls or a microwave-safe idli maker. Pour this mixture in each bowl/cavity of the idli maker.
- Arrange the bowls in a circular manner in the turntable inside the microwave and cover with a big cloth napkin. Tuck the napkin under the bowls from the corners or keep the idli maker inside the microwave. Microwave on high for 4 minutes 30 seconds or until a fork inserted in the centre of the idli comes out clean.
- Cool the idlis for 2 minutes before serving.
Energy: 697 kcal
Protein: 14.2 grams
Fat: 15 gram
P.S: Did you try our Upma recipe yet?