Vegan finger-foods that you must try.
Lemon Berry Coconut Cream
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Calories: 450 (per serving)
For the crust:
150-200 g pitted dates
80 g walnuts
125 g almonds
140 g cashews
For the filling:
1 tsp vanilla extract
120 g light agave nectar
2 lemons, juiced
750 g silken tofu, drained
For the cream:
2 tbsp granulated stevia
800 ml coconut milk, chilled overnight
575 g mixed berries, some halved
- For the crust: Pulse the nuts together in a food processor until mealy in appearance.
- Keep the motor running on low and add the dates, little by little, until the mixture comes together like a rough dough; you may not need to use all the dates.
- Turn out the dough and press into the base and sides of an eight-inch wide pie dish, smoothing the base flat with the back of a damp tablespoon. Cover and chill until needed.
- For the filling: Combine all the ingredients for the filling in a food processor. Blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor from time to time.
- Pour into the prepared crust and chill for at least four hours.
- For the coconut cream: after chilling, prepare the coconut cream. Carefully open the cans of chilled coconut liquid for another use.
- Add the stevia to the coconut cream solids and beat well with an electric mixer until thick and peaked.
- To serve: spoon the coconut cream on top of the lemon filling, spreading it out into a round.
- Decorate the top of the cream with the mixed berries before serving.
Avocado, Mushroom, and Cress Tacos
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Calories: 350 (per serving)
60 g salad cress
1 large avocado, halved, pitted, and cut into slices
70 g kale, chopped
4 flour tortillas
150 g button mushrooms, halved
400 g firm tofu, cubed
2 ½ tbsp canola oil
For the yogurt sauce:
½ small garlic clove, minced
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
¾ tsp smoked paprikas
175 g plain soy yogurt
- For the yogurt sauce, whisk together the soy yogurt, smoked paprika, garlic, and seasoning in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- For the wraps, preheat the grill. Toss together oil, tofu, mushrooms, and seasoning in a small bowl. Grill for six to seven minutes.
- Warm the tortillas in a dry frying pan set over moderate heat. Remove from the pan and top with the grilled mushrooms and tofu. Place kale on the mushrooms and tofu, and drizzle with the yogurt sauce. Top with avocado slices and cress before serving.
[…] For more Vegan recipes, click here. […]