Have you ever fell flat on your cupcakes? Do you wish you could learn how to make the perfect cupcakes for any occasion?
We’re going to show you the exact method we use to make the moistest, show-stopping cupcakes that everyone will love. The great news is you don’t have to be an experienced baker to learn how to make these cupcakes. You only have to follow the tips below.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to make cupcakes the right way, continue reading. Let’s dig in!
Where Most People Fail When It Comes to Cupcakes
Many people have the skill to learn how to make cupcakes the right way. The only problem is that some people often run into roadblocks that stop their cupcakes from coming out the way they planned.
Here are a few reasons why people fail when it comes to their cupcakes it’s because:
- They don’t cool correctly
- They overbake or underbake
- They cheap out on their ingredients
- They don’t use the right creaming method
- They don’t use room temperature ingredients
- They don’t add their ingredients in the correct order
Chances are, if you’re cupcakes have fallen flat in the past, it’s for one of these reasons. If so, no worries. We’re going to show you the one cupcake recipe you can use to make many different flavors that all come out perfect!
We call it “the perfect cupcake” recipe.
The Perfect Cupcake
Before we share our perfect cupcake recipe, we want to share that this recipe has been tried and tested with many different flavors. It all starts with our moist, fluffy, sweet sponge cake. It’s the perfect base for any cupcake recipe.
All you’ll have to do is use our base cake batter (shown below) and then add in your extra ingredients to create a variety of crowd-pleasing cupcake recipes.
The result: delicious tasting cupcakes that please every crowd.
All you have to do is follow the recipe and steps below for a showstopping cupcake that people will go ga-ga over!
This recipe is so simple you’ll feel like we forgot something. But, we assure you, we haven’t. All you have to do to make the perfect cupcake is follow this recipe and the tips below.
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) sugar
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) butter (softened)
- 4 eggs
- 1 ⅔ cup (8oz/225g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
Use these ingredients to create the moistest, fluffiest, best-tasting cupcakes ever! Follow the instructions below to ensure your perfect cupcake recipe comes out right every time. This recipe should yield 12 cupcakes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Us a stand mixer with a whisk attachment. Beat the butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and cream the sugar and butter together until it’s a light, pale color.
- Add eggs one at a time, being sure they are fully incorporated after each one. Then add in the milk.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until a smooth batter is formed. Do not over-mix.
These steps are crucial for the perfect cupcake, especially the creaming process. You want to use room temperature butter and beat on a high setting to allow air to make the cream light and fluffy.
Additionally, you want to add in one egg at a time to make sure that it fully incorporates with the batter. Adding both eggs at the same time and lead to curdling. You don’t want that.
Add Flavor to Your Cupcakes
Our perfect cupcake batter serves as the base for any cake inspiration that you have! Once you’ve created your perfect cupcake base, you can get creative with your own add-ins for a truly inspired cupcake.
Here are the steps to add new flavors to our base batter:
- First, scoop a 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of our perfect cupcake batter into a bowl.
- Next, mix in your add-ins.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool fully before frosting.
Here are a few flavors you can use to create your own cupcake-inspired favorites!
We truly believe our perfect cupcake base is the best, but if you want to put your cupcakes over the top and truly blow away your guests, we highly recommend using one of these two cupcake-inspired flavors to wow the crowd.
Better Than Reese’s Cupcakes
If you’re a fan of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, you’ll love this recipe. Here’s all you need to add to our perfect cupcake batter:
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Buttercream for topping
- Reese’s peanut butter cups for garnish (optional)
These cupcakes are SO good! Your guests will swear they were made in a bakery. We advise keeping some dishes around to show for proof.
Where’s the Party At Cupcakes
Want your own spin on party cake? Try using this add-in mix to our perfect cupcake batter:
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon sprinkles
- Buttercream frosting for topping
- Sprinkles for garnish
Your kids will love this recipe. It’s a great add-in for any child’s birthday party.
Don’t Forget About Presentation
We know you’ll love our perfect cupcake batter, but to put things over the top, add a bit of flair to your presentation with some cupcake tower stands. Your guests will love the over-the-top presentation as much as the cupcakes themselves.
If you’ve failed to learn how to make cupcakes in the past, you’ll be surprised by the results of this recipe. You’ll leave your guests wanting more and asking for the recipe.
For more great advice about cooking and baking, be sure to follow our blog.