In season now, strawberries bring a burst of flavour. Enjoy them in different ways using these recipes.
2 cups water
½ cup lemon juice
¼ cup honey
1 cup fresh strawberries, stemmed, washed, and chopped
Ice cubes to serve
- Blend the honey and strawberries until smooth.
- Pour the water, lemon juice and strawberry mixture into a pitcher and stir well.
- Serve over ice, garnished with strawberry slices and mint leaves.
Strawberry and Spinach Salad
Ground black pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
½ cup olive oil
6 tsp honey
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
½ cups walnuts, halved
½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
1 cup strawberry slices
1 bunch baby spinach
- Place the walnuts, cheese, strawberries and spinach in a large bowl.
- For the dressing, add the honey and pour in the balsamic vinegar in another bowl. Add the olive oil, whisking continuously. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
450 g whole strawberries with leaves left on, washed and wiped dry
½ cup white chocolate, chopped
2 cups dark chocolate, chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave until no lumps remain.
- Dip one strawberry at a time in the chocolate, swirling gently coat it. Liftout and shake gently to remove excess chocolate. Place on its side on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining strawberries. Allow the chocolate to set until dry to the touch.
- Melt the white chocolate, and transfer to a piping bag. Drizzle the strawberries with white chocolate to set before serving.