This recipe for sea salt caramels is unfussy, doesn’t need a thermometer and promises melt-in-the-mouth indulgence.
Sea Salt Caramels
½ tsp vanilla essence
420 ml condensed milk, sweetened
3 tbsp light corn syrup
½ cup sugar
12 tbsp butter
Coarse sea salt
- Heat the sugar and butter in a pan over medium-high heat until it melts.
- Gently add in the condensed milk and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low-medium and simmer, stirring constantly until the mixture turns a deep golden colour or for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the vanilla.
- Pour the caramel in an 8×8 inch pan that’s foil-lined.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of coarse sea salt.
- Cool for two hours before cutting into squares. Wrap these candies in wax paper before serving.
Related Read: Simple Dessert Dips