Poha makes for a nutritious meal and is enjoyed by everyone. It’s so light that it can be served for breakfast, tea-time snack or even as a tasty tiffin meal. Serve with some mint or tomato chutney to bring out the distinct flavour of puffed rice.
Salt, to taste
3 tsp oil
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp black pepper powder
50 g small ½” paneer cubes
1 tsp lemon juice
½ cup finely chopped carrot, beans, cauliflower
2 small sliced onions
1-2 chopped green chillies
2 dry red chillies (whole)
10-12 curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
¼ cup roasted groundnuts
1 cup shelled peas
200 g puffed rice
Finely chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
- Pass the rice puffs through water and let the water drain out completely.
- Mix oil, onion, mustard seeds, dry red chillies, green chillies and curry leaves in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 3 minutes without covering the bowl.
- Add and mix turmeric, peas and other vegetables. Cover the bowl with a lid and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Add and mix rice puffs, salt, black pepper powder, roasted groundnuts, paneer cubes, and pour the lemon juice. Uncover the bowl and microwave for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on the Poha after plating it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Energy: 697 kcal
Protein: 14.2 grams
Fat: 15 gram