Sometimes, the most innocuous ingredient can turn into a delicious dessert. Transform the humble papaya, a staple in the healthy Indian breakfast spread, into a cool treat using this yummy Papaya ice cream recipe.
The best part? You don’t need an ice cream maker!
Papaya Ice Cream
3 cups papaya, finely chopped
A pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 can condensed milk, sweetened
2 cups heavy cream
- Line a large loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Whip the cream with a stand mixer on high for a minute, until it holds a trail.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add salt, vanilla, and condensed milk.
- Raise the mixer speed to ship the mixture for one minute or until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the chopped papaya.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf tin and freeze for six hours until firm.