Ice creams are delightful for all the sweet tooth people and with Swiggy discount coupons, you can have your favourite ice cream delivered to your doorstep at a very affordable price.
But cooking your own handmade ice cream is always special.
Today we are here with the most trending Ice cream flavours that everyone should try out at home.
All the recipes we have today are interesting and completely different from one another.
Ice Cream Recipes you can make at home
Ice creams have many varieties and its more interesting as well as rich in flavours.
We have picked 4 special flavours which are quite popular among people.
All the Ice creams we have on our list are flavours you must try soon.
The flavours are trending and have got quite good reviews as well.
1. Fig or Anjeer Ice Cream
Fig or Anjeer Ice cream is the best example of how you can turn your craving into a healthy choice.
This luscious ice cream is tasty, healthy and quick to prepare.
- 1 cup dried figs (anjeer)
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup milk powder
Quick Recipe for Figs or Anjeer Ice Cream
- Mix 1 cup of dried figs in 1½ cups of milk in a non-stick pan. Cook on a medium flame for good 10 minutes and keep stirring occasionally.
- Once the mix is ready, let it cool down. Then use a blender to blend the mixture till you get a smooth texture.
- Next, pour this mixture into a deep bowl and add 1½ cups of milk, 1 cup of condensed milk and 1/4th cup of milk powder and whisk the mixture smoothly.
- Once you are done pour all the mixture in a shallow aluminium container. Cover the container using some aluminium foil.
- Put the container in the freezer for 6 hours till it becomes semi-set.
- Now pour the semi-set mixture in a blender and smooth it.
- Transfer this smooth mixture again into the same container, cover it and put it back into the freezer for approximately 10 hours till it settles down.
- Your Ice cream is ready to scoop. Serve immediately.
2. Sitaphal Ice Cream
Fruit in ice cream is a new trend as it turns your tasty ice cream filled with the goodness of fruits and Sitaphal Ice Cream is one of the easiest to create.
Sitaphal or Custard Apple is an exotic fruit slightly grainy texture and it is very common in India. Sitaphal Ice cream is a delicious choice for dessert and we have the most simple recipe to this traditional Indian Dessert for you.
- 1 cup fresh sitaphal/custard apple pulp
- 2 egg whites
- 400 ml thick cream
- 1/3 cup ground sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla essence
Quick Recipe for Sitaphal Ice Cream
- Take a deep bowl and mash the custard apple into pulp to a coarse pulp.
- Once the pulp is ready to cover the bowl using cling wrap and put it in the fridge.
- Now whisk 2 egg whites in a bowl with a hand beater and make it fluffy.
- Make sure there is no yolk as even the smallest bit of yolk will prevent the egg white from getting fluffy.
- Now take another bowl and add cream, sugar, and vanilla essence together and whisk the mixture.
- Now take out the custard apple pulp and mix it to the cream mixture using a spoon.
- Gently add this mixture into the fluffy egg white and start blending.
- Once the mixture is blended empty it into a bowl and cover it using a wrap.
- Now put the bowl in the freezer for about 3 hours to semi-set.
- Now pour the semi-set mixture in a blender and smooth it.
- Transfer this smooth mixture again into the same container, cover it and put it back into the freezer for approximately 10 hours till it settles downs
- Your ice cream is ready to scoop and serve immediately.
3. Rum Raisin Ice Cream
Rum Raisin ice cream is the best version of homemade ice cream which is easy to make and is delicious in taste.
Raisins are one of the most popular ingredients in traditional authentic desserts.
This can be a perfect choice of ice cream dessert if you are looking for something not too sweet.
This ice cream is refreshing and the raisins give texture to it.
- 2 cups dark raisins
- 1 1/4 cups dark rum
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 12 egg yolks
Quick Recipe for Rum Raisin Ice Cream
- Take a saucepan and mix the 12 egg yolks and 2/3 cup of sugar in it.
- Now add heavy cream and milk to the mixture and keep whisking.
- Place the mix on low heat flame and continuously whisk it until it gets thick.
- Make sure the mixture doesn’t boil.
- Once the mix thickens remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool.
- Now take a bowl and mix the vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of the rum in it and let it cool completely.
- Now take the mixture and pour it in an airtight container and put it in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Next, take out the mixture for churning and add the raisins with the remaining 1 cup of rum in a small saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes then let the raisins cool down.
- Now churn the mixture for about 15 minutes and add the rum raisins.
- Once done put the ice cream into a container cover it up and put it in the freezer for at least 2 to 4 hours.
- Your ice cream will be ready to scoop and serve!
4. Bubblegum Ice Cream
Bubblegum is an interesting flavour that takes you back to your childhood and if you have kids you already know how much they love this flavour.
You can make bubblegum flavoured ice cream easily at home and surprise your kid.
If you don’t have kids then you can just have it on your own and enjoy.
- 2 1/2 cups half and half (Mix ½ cup of milk and ½ cup of heavy cream)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4–6 drops of blue food colouring
- 1 package of bubblegum
- 1 cup small mixed colour gumballs
Quick Recipe for Bubblegum Ice Cream
- First, take a saucepan and start with adding the half and half with 1/2 cup of heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk the whole thing together till the sugar is dissolved and you get a thick mixture.
- Now whisk 2 egg yolks and add it to the mixture.
- Put the saucepan with the mixture in it on low flame and keep stirring.
- Now add the bubblegum pieces and the food colouring to the mixture and keep cooking till you get a light boil.
- Check if the gum has got dissolved, and you only have small pieces of it in the mixture. Continue to cook for about 15-20 minutes until the mixture gets thickened.
- Now you have to empty the mixture in a bowl and cover it with a wrap and place it in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- After 3 hours put the ice cream into the mixer for churning And churn it for around 15 minutes.
- Now add the gumballs, and continue to churn for another 5 minutes.
- Check if the consistency is soft. If it is then put the ice cream in an airtight container and place it in the freezer for the next 2 hours.
- Your Bubblegum ice cream is ready to scoop and serve!
So, this was our picks for homemade ice cream recipes you must try.
The recipes are easy to make and less time taking.
If you are having a get together you can try any of the recipes and present your guests with outstanding homemade ice cream.