Celebrate the versatility with these unusual but delicious recipes – from popsicles to rasam!
Chilled Soup With Rasam
1 cup popcorn
1 lemon wedge
Black pepper, to taste
4 tsp kiwifruit, finely diced
1 tsp mint leaves, chopped
A few cherry tomatoes
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
½ lemon, juiced
Salt, to taste
1 tsp cumin powder
½ cup bell peppers, chopped
1 ½ cups tomato juice
2 cups kiwifruit, cubed
- Blend the kiwifruit, tomato juice, bell pepper, cumin powder, salt, and lemon juice into a smooth puree.
- Strain and pour into four soup bowls.
- In a small bowl, toss the diced kiwifruit and cherry tomatoes with salt and black pepper, and spoon into the center of the soup bowls.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil, add mint leaves and a lemon wedge and popcorn before serving.
Khatti Meethi Chuski
3 strands saffron, soaked in warm water
A few ice cream sticks
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp kiwifruit chunks
¼ cup water
½ cup powdered sugar
8-10 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- Place saffron, sugar, and water in a saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Puree the kiwifruit and lemon juice, and then strain to get a fine pulp.
- Stir the puree into the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Place the kiwifruit chunks at the bottom of the shot glass or popsicle tray and top with the pulp mixture.
- Freeze until half done and insert a stick into each chuski. Then freeze until completely set.
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
Salt, to taste
10-12 curry leaves
2 tsp black pepper
½ tsp cumin seeds
2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup water, from cooking dal
2 tbsp tuvar dal, boiled
1 cup kiwifruit pulp
3 kiwifruit, chopped
- Combine the garlic, cumin seeds, and black pepper to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- In a pan, combine chopped tomato, boiled tuvar dal and the water reserved after cooking the dal, the spice paste, curry leaves and salt. Place on heat and bring to a boil. Lower the flame to medium and boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Add kiwifruit pulp and chopped kiwifruit and bring it to a boil again.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.