Jodhpuri Chilli Poppers
Oil, for deep frying
50 g bread crumbs
40 g cornflour
40 g bell pepper, chopped
5 g green chillies, chopped
100 g goat cheese
100 g potatoes, boiled and peeled
4 large chillies
100 ml water (mixed with 10 ml vinegar)
- Slit the chillies vertically and deseed before blanching them in vinegar water.
- Cube the boiled potatoes and toss them in with salt.
- Mix the chopped green chillies, red and yellow bell peppers, and goat cheese to make the stuffing.
- Fill the stuffing into the blanched chillies.
- Prepare a batter with the cornflour, and coat the stuffed chillies with it.
- Roll the stuffed chillies in bread crumbs and deep-fry till golden.
- Serve hot.
Mantu Afghani Dumpling Chaat
Water, as required
Salt, to taste
1 tsp oil
¾ cup refined flour
To prepare the stuffing:
10 g sour yoghurt
1 g salt
1 tsp chilli paste
15 g fine sev
1 tsp soy sauce
¼ cup spring onion, chopped
¼ cup French beans, chopped
50 g chana dal
½ cup cauliflower, chopped
½ cup carrots, chopped
2 tsp garlic, chopped
2 tsp oil
- Mix the flour with oil and salt. Add water in small parts and knead into a firm dough. Cover and set aside.
- For the stuffing, heat oil in a pan, add garlic and saute until cooked. Add the chopped vegetables, soy sauce and salt. Saute and stir until cooked. Add spring onion and set aside for cooling.
- Make small dough balls and roll each ball into a thin circle. Place the stuffing in the centre of each of the circles, fold in pleat by pleat to make the momos for five to six minutes.
- Spread sour yoghurt on a plate and place the steamed momos in it. Place a drop of chilli paste on each of the momos, followed by the chana dal, and finally the fine sev.
- Serve hot.
Air-fried Kurkuri with Anardana Churan
1 g anardana churan (pomegranate powder)
5 g butter
2 phyllo pastry sheets
salt, to taste
a pinch of chilli flakes
5 g dried apricots, finely chopped
15 g jalapenos
100 g spinach
- Boil the spinach before finely chopping it.
- Add all the ingredients (except the phyllo pastry sheets and butter) to the spinach and mix well.
- Spread butter on the phyllo pastry sheets and place the filling. Roll into a cigar shape.
- Cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes or deep fry.
- Sprinkle anardana churan and serve hot.
Compressed Melon Sliders
5 g soy lecithin powder
Watermelon juice, as required
20 g baby spinach
100 g yoghurt
30 g mint chutney
50 g tamarind chutney
100 g bean sprouts
150 g watermelon, peeled and deseeded
- Cut the watermelon into two-inch cubes.
- Blanch the bean sprouts.
- Use a cream syphon to make yoghurt foam.
- Mix the green and tamarind chutneys with the blanched bean sprouts.
- Place beans sprout on the watermelon.
- Make watermelon foam with watermelon juice and soy lecithin powder.
- Place the watermelon foam on watermelon and serve.
- Garnish with crispy baby spinach leaves.