A great snack plate has to appease the eyes before tickling the palate. Do that with these easy recipes.
Potato Ghee Roast on Coin Papad
Prep time: 20 minutes
Calorie count: 450 calories (per serving)
6 fried coin papads
3 g salt
3 g ghee
6 boiled baby potatoes
To prepare the masala:
5 ml of water
3 g jaggery
2 g tamarind
6 Kashmiri chillies
2 g badi saunf
2 g black peppercorns
3 g cumin seeds
5 g coriander seeds
- To prepare the masala, dry roast the jaggery, tamarind, Kashmiri chillies, badi saunf, black peppercorns, cumin seeds, and coriander seeds in a pan over medium-high heat for four minutes. Remove and blend in a mixer with the water for six minutes. Set aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan over medium flame. Add the prepared masala, baby potatoes and salt. Mix well and cook till the masala is well absorbed.
- Place one potato each on a coin papad, and top with fried onions.
Tip: Serve quickly so that the papads do not soften.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Calorie count: 535 calories (per serving)
2 small pita breads
Salt, to taste
4 ml of water
½ tsp lemon juice
2 g cumin powder
1 g garlic powder
2 tbsp tahini paste
5 ml extra virgin olive oil
140 g chickpeas, boiled
3 g coriander leaves
- Blend the salt, water, lemon juice, cumin powder, garlic powder, tahini paste, olive oil and chickpeas in a mixer for up to 10 minutes.
- Spread the hummus on the pita breads, and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Heat a pan on a low flame, and slowly toast the loaded pita breads. Serve hot.
Tip: Sprinkle chilli flakes all over the hummus before serving.
Truffle Oil Cheese Naan Bombs
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Calorie count: 311 calories (per serving)
5 ml truffle oil, to drizzle
5 g coriander leaves, chopped
50 g garlic, minced
35 g cheese, grated
Salt, to taste
20 ml of water
100 g maida
- Knead the flour, salt and water to a dough. Freeze the dough for 20 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and divide into six small balls.
- Stuff the balls with coriander, garlic and cheese and press out gently to make small cutlets. Roast in a tandoor or a pan.
- Drizzle with the truffle oil and serve.
Tip: Serve the naan bombs with green chutney.
For more easy recipes for children, click here.