Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
12 fresh basil leaves
12 mini mozzarella balls
24 cherry tomatoes
9 tsp brown sugar
½ cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar together in a small pan over a medium flame.
- Bring to a bubbling boil, then reduce the flame and allow to simmer until reduced and thick.
- Thread the cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls and basil leaves on skewers.
- Season with salt and black pepper, and drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
- Arrange in a glass to serve.