Sticky and full of flavour, this ripe fruit makes for a versatile ingredient for a variety of dishes.
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
½ cup chopped, frozen bananas
½ cup milk
3 tsp peanut butter
1 heaped tsp cocoa
2 drops vanilla essence
1 small banana
Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
2 ripe bananas, mashed
⅓ cup butter, melted and cooled
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
¾ cup brown sugar
1 ¾ cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°C. Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf tin.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and melted butter. Add to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the bananas and mix again.
- Transfer to the tin, and bake for about 40 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool and serve.
Banana Hazlenut Ice cream
1/2 cup hazelnut spread
½ cup ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- Blend the frozen banana slices and the hazelnut spread together until smooth.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a loaf pan and freeze for two hours before serving.
You can also try these yummy ice cream recipes.